Wednesday 8 February 2012

Living room's old vinyls

We still haven't had a time to set up the vinyl player to the living room. I have an old chest that I bought from my first summer-working place back when I was a teenager. Now it is a safe place for vinyls. They are safe there from little toddlers and greasy fingers, and also away from the dust. I don't know how practical it is yet, but since we don't play the vinyls that often I think it's a good solution for us.

Our treasures - Sami's vinyls
I got an idea to put vinyls on the wall from the series "United States of Tara" (good series by the way). First I wanted to frame them but I couldn't find any appropriate frames. All were either too big or too small. I didn't want to customake them. I once customade one frame and it cost me 150€ (that's about 185$ and 120£). Then I had an idea to put those little selves on the wall were you can put for example pictures. I just tossed some of the vinyl covers there.

Now we have some color in the living room

I chose the cover purely by the looks (couple of covers Sami didn't let me put on the wall, even though I thought they were good looking, oh yeah and the Strokes cover is surprisingly chosen by Sami). If there is a need you can easily get the vinyls and if you get tired of them it easy to change the look.

Little toddlers hands won't get on these treasures
Lock is broken but it's a nice nob..

No comments:

Post a Comment